By purchasing and/or commissioning a piece of work from Lotte Hawley (“the Artist”) through Lotte Hawley or via www.lottehawley.com, you (“the Client”) agree to the following:
Commissions and Original Works – www.lottehawley.com
1. All original work produced by the Artist is owned by the Client however the Artist is the copyright owner (as that term is defined in the New Zealand Copyright Act 1994) in any piece of work. To the extent the work is commissioned in a legal jurisdiction outside New Zealand, the Client acknowledges that the Artist remains the holder of all moral rights and economic rights with respect to the copyright of the work.
2. The Client is not commissioning the work for the purpose of resale, and will not reproduce or make additional copies of the work.
3. The Client understands and acknowledges that images of the work and the artist engaged in the commission may be used in media promoting by the Artist.
4. The crop and composition of the work will be determined by the Artist.
5. The work is signed, sealed, numbered and unframed.
6. The artwork will be flat packed and sealed to ship. Framing instructions will be provided with the work. Shipping and packaging costs are additional.
7. Postal delivery is at the risk of the Client, and any damaged work cannot be refunded or reproduced.
Process and Payment
8. 50% of the total amount must be made prior to the Artist commencing work. For all murals and walls, the concept fee and materials must be paid in full prior to installation days.
9. All commission costs include:
– Consulting fee
– Concept fee (hourly rate)
– Materials / Equipment hire for mural work
– Installation costs for mural work (daily rate)
10. The total amount owing for any artworks must be made in full and seen in the bank account before the artwork is dispatched.
11. Payment may be made by any payment method described on the website, including AfterPay, as seen on the invoice, or as agreed by the Artist. To the extent payment is made in a currency other than New Zealand dollars, the Client is responsible for all currency conversion costs. The Client is also responsible for any bank charges associated with the payment.
12. Price is inclusive of any taxes but exclusive of any postage and delivery charges. Postage and delivery will be specific to the Client’s address and requirements.
Please note that your order will not be sent until payment has cleared.
Returns and Refunds
13. No refund is possible to the Client on the commencement of commissioned work.
14. The direction of the work is discussed and signed off by the Client and Artist prior to the work starting.
15. The Artist makes no representations as to fitness for purpose, quality, or any other guarantee, and to the extent possible the Client and Artist agree that no consumer protection laws will apply to the commissioning of the work, other than the Artist’s warranty that the work will be completed in accordance with these terms and conditions.
16. In completing and submitting an order for work, you will be providing us with personal information. If the information is not provided your order may not be processed. Your information and any other personal information that you may provide to us will be held by the Artist on either the website or by electronic mail. Your personal details will not be sold or given to any other third parties. If you wish to access, correct or delete the information held by us contact [email protected]
17. These terms and conditions and the commission of the work are governed by New Zealand law.
Prints / Originals
18. All products advertised on lottehawley.com are subject to availability.
19. All Prints are printed on-demand only. Allow for 14-20 working days for delivery. Estimated delivery times stated on www.lottehawley.com are estimates for New Zealand deliveries only. International delivery times may differ depending on the Client’s address and requirements.
20. All prints are limited edition. Prints are signed and numbered and dispatched from Wellington, New Zealand. Printing services are outsourced, and at times can be delayed. Orders are printed and picked up on Wednesdays. Orders are signed, sealed, packaged and dispatched weekly on a Friday.
21. Some photography prints are captured using a wide lens and positioned to fit A0, A1, A2 and A3 widths and formats.
22. There is no framing on any artwork.
23. There is no viewing or studio visitation on original works prior to purchasing. Best be sure you want to purchase the work!
24. All artwork/s are purchased, dispatched, and couriered at the buyer’s risk.
25. Lottehawley.com will specify and estimate how many working days for your order to be dispatched, and will try and have the artwork/s shipped to you by that date.
26. Lottehawley.com will not be liable for late delivery.
27. Lottehawley.com takes no such responsibility for an incorrect or insufficient address. The artwork/s are at your risk as soon as they are dispatched from the studio to you.
28. All A2 and A3 artwork/s are flat packed to send. A1 and AO artwork/s are rolled to send. Originals are all different sizes. Shipping is calculated once the commission is packed and ready to send.
29. Within New Zealand: Shipping costs include packing, overnight/signature required courier. RD1 (rural) addresses have an extra $3.20 charge to be applied. International: Shipping costs include packing and international air courier. Australia: Allow 14-20 working days. For the rest of the globe: Allow 20-30 working days. Covid may delay these time frames. Originals are all different sizes. Shipping is calculated at checkout.
30. Once you have placed your order online, you will receive an order confirmation email with your purchase details.
31. Please note: Orders are printed and picked on Wednesdays. Orders are signed, sealed, packaged and dispatched weekly on a Friday.
32. Once your order has been packed and shipped you will receive a second email with tracking details.
If you do not receive either email, please check your spam folder before reaching out to us.
Returns and Refunds
The following terms apply to the return of artwork/s:
33. There are no refunds or returns on limited edition print orders.
34. If the original artwork is damaged and you want to return it, please contact the artist within 30 days of your order. You must pay all costs of returning the artwork/s to the Wellington studio.
35. There are no refunds on the return of original works, however, a store credit of the same value will be issued to use at lottehawley.com within a 3 month period.